Monday, June 13, 2011

Found Pau's favourite place in London

Hi guys!

This is Xavi, reporting from London. I agreed with Lewis that I would post in the blog from time to time, especially when I had some English-related issues to talk about.

Last Saturday, I was wandering around in the Brick Lane area, which is a zone full of restaurants and vintage clothing shops. And then, I saw it. There it was, standing proudly right in front of me: Pau's favourite place in London:


As you can see, it's a bar/restaurant (whatever), and it's called "Verge".

Literally, the neighbours living upstairs are "on the Verge". Hahahaha! Sorry, I just couldn't help taking that picture and posting it.

By the way, TV programs here are permanently subtitled. Or at least, I don't know how to switch the subtitles off in my TV set, I admit it. What an engineer.

Anyway, thanks to that, I have learnt that there is another expression equivalent to the famous "to be on the verge of (...)". It is "to be on the brink of (...)". Am I right, Lewis?

Well, my best regards to all of you. Keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Very funy Xavi! We all had a look at your blog post this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xavi is always very funny.
    Despite being thousands of km away you always feel he is on the brink of saying something interesting.
    I feel very happy when I realize that my comments at class you will increase your life expectancy.

    Enjoy your days at London, learn a lot of things and publish as much as you can.
    My best and envious regards.
    Pau

    P.S.: May I send you some exams and could you be so kind to corret them for me?

    ReplyDelete